Universal Studios Florida is a Universal theme park located in Orlando, Florida which opened on June 7, 1990. Offering guests with the phrase "Jump into the Action!", it features multiple rides, shows and attractions inspired some of today's most popular films and television shows. The park is also a real motion picture and TV studio, and has been used throughout the years for numerous productions. The park was ranked as the fifth most visited park in the USA in 2008.
No major attractions are located in this area.
- Blue Man Group Sharp Aquos Theatre (located in CityWalk)
- Despicable Me:Minion Mayhem
- Shrek 4-D
- The Universal Music Plaza Stage
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit
- Donkey's Photo Finish
- Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon
- Revenge of the Mummy: The Ride
- The Blues Brothers Live
- Delancey Street Preview Center
Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon AlleyEdit
Woody Woodpecker's KidzoneEdit
- Animal Actors on Location!
- E.T. Adventure
- Fievel's Playland
- Fievel's Waterslide
- A Day in the Park with Barney
- Curious George Goes to Town
- StarToons: 80's Rewind
- Universal's Horror Make-Up Show
- Mel's Drive-In Concert
- Terminator 2: 3-D Battle Across Time
- Lucy: A Tribute
- Mardi Gras (February - April)
- Grad Bash (April - May)
- Summer Concert Series (May - August)
- Halloween Horror Nights (September - November)
- Universal Holidays (December - January)
Main Article: Former Universal Studios Florida Attractions
Like all theme parks, attractions are sometimes closed due to age and replaced with more contemporary attractions. Universal has seen this action used a great deal of times, with many attraction closures such as Kongfrontation, Back to the Future: The Ride, Earthquake: The Big One, and The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. The most recent closures which occurred were Back to the Future: The Ride, which has been replaced by The Simpsons Ride, Earthquake: The Big One, which has been replaced by Disaster!: A Major Motion Picture Ride...Starring You!, and The Boneyard, which was replaced by The Universal Music Plaza Stage. Some closures, such as those of Kongfrontation and Back to the Future: The Ride, have proven drastic to longtime visitors and have been given homages by the park.
In 2008, Universal announced plans to release the ride films of The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera and Back to the Future: The Ride on special edition DVD re-releases of Back to the Future and The Jetsons planned for 2009 and 2010.